Join our Team
A career at SEAF KASI offers the opportunity to work as part of an international team that provides alternative sources of capital to entrepreneurs in Tanzania.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (“SEAF”) is a non-profit impact investing firm that provides growth capital and business assistance to SMEs in emerging and transitioning markets under-served by traditional sources of capital. Through its network of investment funds around the world, SEAF invests in high‐growth entrepreneurs seeking to build scalable businesses, hoping to realize both returns for investors and strong development impact in local communities.
In Tanzania, SEAF manages KASI Agriventures, a project funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and based in Dar es Salaam. Through this project, SEAF will provide financial and technical assistance support to SMEs in the horticulture and animal feed sectors of Tanzania.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for implementing all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for KASI Agriventures and will be based in Dar es Salaam. This position will organize, coordinate, and improve upon the project’s existing monitoring and evaluation system, and develop new processes and measurements where needed. The M&E Specialist will provide oversight of data collection and analysis to assess the impact of project activities, and oversight of reporting activities.
- Manage the M&E system and budget; design and manage an M&E database.
- Regularly review data collection processes and perform data quality assessments; advise on adjustments to M&E approach as needed.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of M&E surveys and evaluations; analyze and report findings to project stakeholders; advise on program improvements as needed.
- Train project staff in the use of M&E tools and the capturing of indicator‐driven data.
- Develop reports highlighting program impact and best practices for internal and external stakeholders; contribute to other project-related reports such as work plans, annual and semi-annual reports, development impact reports, etc.
- Manage the procurement and coordination of external consultants for mid-term and final evaluation.
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, public policy, statistics, monitoring/evaluation or a related field or Bachelor’s degree in similar fields with seven (7) years of related experience is required.
- At least 2-3 years of experience measuring and evaluating donor-funded international development projects is required. Strong knowledge of US government/USDA rules and regulations regarding M&E is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in planning, managing, and creating surveys, including technical experience in conducting data quality assessments and oversight, and developing/refining data collection tools and methods.
- Demonstrated experience drafting success stories and impact assessments from anecdotal and analytical data.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner with staff, clients and other stakeholders.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required; proficiency in data analysis software, such as SPSS or Stata, and experience in SalesForce is a plus.
- Prior experience working in the agribusiness sector and/or impact investing is preferred.
Please submit a resume/CV and a cover letter that highlights at least three (3) experiences and/or skills relevant to the position. Please email the cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2015, 15:00 (EAT). Applications without both items will not be considered.
Please label the subject line of the email as: “M&E Specialist – KASI Agriventures”. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by KASI Agriventures. No telephone inquiries, please.
SEAF is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer